If you have any problems about putting and playing AVI files on Kindle Fire HD Tablets, you can follow this simple tutorial to convert AVI to MP4 videos for playback with your Amazon Tablet with ease.
With a beautiful screen, refined interface, and huge coffer of media consumption options, the Amazon Kindle Fire HD is another top-notch on-the-go entertainment device. Both the 7-inch and 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD Tablet are ideal for movie and TV shows watching. However, if you’ve taken a glance on the supported media types of the Amazon Tablets, it’s easy to find that the Kindle Fire HD video format is limited as other tablets like Nook HD Tablet. Thus, you may have a hard time playing movies formatted in .avi, .wmv(non-DRM), .mkv, .tivo, .mpg, .vob etc on the Kindle Fire HD Tablet. Fortunately, we have a great tutorial for you, guaranteed to get your AVI/WMV/MKV/TiVo videos playable on Kindle Fire HD Tablets without problems.
Here is my Kindle Fire HD solution – converting videos before transferring the videos to Kindle Fire HD Tablets. To meet the needs of so many users who have the intention, here I’d like show you the guide on how to convert AVI to Kindle Fire HD videos as an example.
- AVI videos stored (externally-downloaded or from other source)
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above(including Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Mountain Lion) with 1G Hz or above Intel processor
- Download and install Pavtube Video Converter or its equivalent Mac version.
How to transcode and play AVI files on Kindle Fire HD Tablets
The quick start guide below uses Video Converter Windows screenshots. The way to convert videos to Kindle Fire HD on Mac is almost the same. Just make sure you get the right version according to your computer operating system.
1. Install and launch the excellent Video Converter for Kindle Fire HD, and then click “Add Video” or “Add from folder” or just drag and drop to import your source materials in .avi format.
- Tips: The program supports batch converison so that you can add several files to convert at one time.
2. Now choose the output format for playback with your Kindle Fire HD. You can get optimized videos for Kindle Fire HD under Format > Android > Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264(*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly. You can also click “Settings” to change the video encoder, frame rate, resolution, etc.
3. When you are satisfied with all the settings, you can click “Convert” and let the software do the AVI to Kindle Fire HD MP4 video conversion.
4. After the process, you can click “Open” to locate the converted MP4 video files and just transfer them to your Kindle Fire HD 7 or 8.9 Tablet for playback without limitations.
P.S. If you have no idea about Kindle Fire HD file transfer, you can check out my old post Synchronizing Your Content files (Videos, Pictures, Music) to Kindle Fire HD to learn more.