This article mainly shows how to convert WMV to Nook HD Tablet supported file format so that you can watch WMV videos on Nook HD Tablet with ease.
American book-selling giant Barnes and Noble has unveiled two new Android tablets (7-inch Nook HD and 9-inch Nook HD+) as part of its Nook range, aimed at the lower end of the market to take on Amazon’s and Google’s offerings. As the smaller of the two, the Nook HD offers up a stunning 7-inch HD display – packing a 1440 x 900 resolution, at 243ppi, which blows the 1280 x 800, 216ppi Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD out of the water. You can easily buy or rent and start watching movies & TV Shows in seconds on your Nook HD Tablet. The built-in Web browser works well and offers Flash support. Thus, it’s a good gadget for you to have entertainment. While, some users prefer to put video files to Nook HD Tablet from computer for free enjoyment. To meet the needs of so many users who have the intention, here we give you some Nook HD Tablet Video Tips.
If you’ve taken a galance on the main spec of the new Nook, it’s easy to find that Nook HD video format is limited as other Tablets like Google Nexus 7. Thus, when you wanna watch movies formatted in WMV, MKV, VOB, TiVo, FLV, etc on Nook HD Tablet, first you need to do is to convert the videos to a playable format like MP4, 3GP, or AVI. Here I’d like to show you the guide on how to put and play WMV video on Nook HD Tablet as an example.
- WMV videos stored
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7
- Download and install Pavtube Video Converter for Nook Tablet
Converting WMV files for playback with Nook HD Tablet
- Step 1. Launch the WMV to Nook Converter and You can click “Add video” button or “Add from folder” button to browse and import your source materials in .wmv format.. You can also simply drag and drop media files to the source pane to add. The software supports batch converison so that you can add several files to convert at one time.
- Step 2. According to my multiple tests, MP4 format is of the best compatibility with the Nook HD Tablet. Click on the dropdown menu of Format > Android > Nook Tablet(*.mp4). It’s the particular format pre-set for Nook Tablet. And then you can select a destination folder to save the converted files.
Once you’ve mastered these basics, you may consider exploring more powerful and complex methods of manipulating video. For example you can further compress video file size, or choose specific output resolutions using the software. Below is the best format settings per my experience, you can take it as reference: (Click “Settings” button to set the video/audio parameters for the best Nook HD Video format)
Resolution- 1280×720 (HD)
Sampling rate- 44.1khz
- Step 3. When all the settings are OK, hit “Convert” on the right bottom to start converting WMV to MP4 for Nook HD Tablet. After the conversion, you can import the WMV videos to Nook HD Tablet for playback. Have fun!
Download Nook Tablet Video Converter: